CODE OF CONDUCT & DEI
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Swing City Chicago (SCC) is committed to increasing diversity in all forms including race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, language, culture, national origin, age, ability, and status.
SCC has worked to ensure that our staff more closely reflects the diversity of our community.
SCC will work to ensure that different perspectives are respectfully heard and will work towards creating an environment where every individual feels a sense of belonging and inclusion.
SCC acknowledges that we are still learning and will do our best to continue our work in this area.
CODE OF CONDUCT/EXPECTATIONS
- SCC expects all attendees to be respectful and nice to one another at all times.
- SCC is dedicated to providing you with a safe and comfortable event experience and does not tolerate “isms” – sexism, racism, ageism, heterosexism, and any other form of oppression designed to harm one another. Please act accordingly.
- If an individual or situation is causing you distress at our dance, please see Leah Noparstak or April Prince and we will address the issue at hand.
- Event participants violating these expectations may be sanctioned or expelled from the event without a refund at the discretion of the event organizers.
- We love our attendees. We want our attendees to love each other. Bring all the love you have to SCC!
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who behaves rudely or inappropriately. SCC staff will be the final arbiter.